It’s finally here! The long awaited BANANA BREAD recipe!
I must admit, it took me a few go’s to get it right. But I am glad I was so stubborn because I truly believe I have delivered the easiest, tastiest and fastest Banana Bread recipe ever!
Let’s get straight to it. Here are your ingredients…
Now in just 5 easy steps you’re going to be loving yourself sick and calling yourself the next Donna Hay.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees, grab your loaf tin and line it with baking paper or as I like to do, brush some Nuttelex all over the inside and then coat it with some coconut flour (this makes the outside nice and crunchy!)
- Using an electric mixer (I use my NutriBullet) Combine your coconut oil (softened NOT melted) with your 3 eggs. It’s gonna look pretty nasty #letsbereal and that’s okay, just roll with me.
- In one bowl, mash 2 of your bananas (save the third for later) and then in that same bowl mix your vanilla, cinnamon, maple syrup, bicarb soda and the not so pretty looking coconut oil & egg mix.
- In a seperate bowl, combine your coconut flour, almond flour & baking soda. Gently fold in your wet bowl mixture (step 3’s contents) Once this is all in add your walnuts & dates and fold them in gently too.
- Transfer your mixture into your already greased loaf tin. Cut your left over banana in half and press it firmly into the top of your mixture, if you have any left over walnuts, sprinkle them on top too. Pop it in the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until you can put a bamboo skewer through and it comes up dry!
And there you have it! The #notinmybelly Banana Bread recipe! You can also make this Vegan by eliminating the eggs and adding more coconut oil! Also, if you feel like being a little wild and shaking things up, add a tsp of orange zest and a tbsp of lemon juice for a fresher, more citrus like taste… TRUST ME!
Hope you enjoy!