Hold up… What is Tumeric Tea?
Tumeric is a spice derived from the Tumeric Root that is naturally bright yellow-orange in colour and is used mostly in curries & sauce. Not only is this bad boy a natural anti-inflammatory but its also has medicinal properties that have been known to boost the immune system, reduces Alzheimers disease and also works as an anticancer agent.
Now as always, everything in moderation! So try not to drink this every night over a long period of time if you are affected by gallbladder disease, take blood thinner medications, drugs for diabetes or stomach acid-reducers.
Prep time – 5 mins
Cook time – 5 mins
- 1 Tbsp tumeric powder or grated from the root
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon or 1 cinnamon quill
- 1 Tbsp organic honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tsp grated ginger
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 2 cups of Almond/Rice or own choice of milk
Not necessary but for some extra spice!
- 1-2 star anise pods
- 4-6 cardomom pods
- Using a small sauce pan, pop in the tumeric, cinnamon, honey, coconut oil, ginger & black pepper inside
- Turn on the hot plate, add in the milk
- With a whisk, begin to combine all the ingredients together
- Once it gets to a boil whisk it again (makes it a little creamier) and then take it off heat
- With a tea pot that has a built in strainer or a hand held sieve, pour the liquid through till you have all the tea removed from the grainer & solid parts of the ingredients.
- Serve immediately and ENJOY!!!